Our Birth Class teaches about normal birth, and what happens if things change from normal. While relaxation techniques and comfort for labor is focused on, the class as a whole is about feeling safe and confident in your labor and birth choices.
2. Birth is NOT like what we see on TV or in the movies.
This cannot be stressed enough. TV and movies are created to make money, and they are rarely even close to getting it right.(Call the Midwife may be the one exception)
3. Many hospital-based classes don’t have the time to cover all aspects of labor and birth.
For a first time parent, it is near impossible to learn, and retain, everything you need to know to prepare for labor and birth in one Saturday workshop. Also hospital classes are not able to adequately focus on the emotional needs of childbirth.
4. The Birth Class instructor, Adrienne Walker, is not bound by your birth facility’s policies.
Our Birth Class is a private class; therefore the information is not biased to any agenda or fears a facility may have.
5. Connect to a community of parents with similar estimated due dates.
A huge perk of taking our Birth Class is that over the course of the series you will get to know a group of parents in a similar situation. They can become those you lean on when things get tough.
6. Taking the Birth Class gives mom and her partner a regularly scheduled time to spend time together, bond, and focus on the excitement of pregnancy, birth and new baby.
We are so busy these days! Taking a few hours each week to consciously connect with one another can improve your experience overall.
7. Education provides confidence.
When you know better, you do better. (Not to mention you feel really good doing it too!)
8. Confidence is the foundation of feeling safe.
When you feel safe you are able to trust your body and your team. This can lead to greater satisfaction of your labor and birth experience.
9. Discover and define how YOU want to bring your baby into the world.
It's your baby, your body, YOUR birth! No matter if you're planning on utilizing an epidural for relaxation or focusing on a natural birth. This is your experience, with our class you'll learn how to create an experience that’s right for you
10. It is FUN!
Our Birth Class is not only fun, but interactive, and the first of its kind in Metro Detroit!