Gina's Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub
Self care looks different to every person, there's no right or wrong way to take care you! The sooner you realize how essential self care is to your personal morale the better, and especially during pregnancy! Self care can be anything from gardening, reading, a warm bath, a massage, hair cut or even doula support during pregnancy and postpartum.
For me, self care is sometimes a little DIY project. With life constantly moving and changing, it feels good to be able to focus on and complete an afternoon or evening craft.
My most recent self care project was making some homemade (with love) vanilla lavender sugar scrub. I love bath products! The shower is my escape from the daily grind so I often indulge when it comes to bath and beauty. I also happened to just run out of my sugar scrub and had some dried lavendar buds on hand from the Michigan lavender festival in Armada, MI. Here's what you'll need:
- 1c organic sugar
- 1/2c unrefined coconut oil
- 2Tbsp dried lavender buds
- 10 drops lavendar essential oil
- 2tsp vanilla extract
1) melt coconut oil in a clean double boiler
2) measure sugar and lavender buds into clean mixing bowl
3) once oil is melted, gently pour over sugar and lavender buds and blend together until mixture is evenly coated with oil
4) add lavender essential oil & vanilla, stir.
5) spoon into airtight container and enjoy!
Easy breezy! I accomplished something (can't say the same for the pile of laundry), I feel proud of myself and I get to enjoy my little craft in my self care routine!
Make sure you come back and let me know how much you love your sugar scrub!
What do you do to take care of yourself?